I have the pleasure of welcoming You at the website of the UNESCO Chair on Education Management and Planning.
Our Chair offers a forward-looking model for preparing a cadre of motivated future leaders and agents of change with strong analytical and hands-on skills and a thorough grounding in the principles of public administration and education management. Never has it been more apparent that the Armenian society needs such human capital based on individual human dignity. The Chair is also oriented to interdisciplinary research on public administration with a special emphasis on education management.
As we strongly believe that education is a life-long process occurring in a variety of settings, the competence-based Master of Public Administration (MPA) Program is oriented at preparing professionals as they develop a thorough understanding of intellectual and academic challenges of the classroom and develop sufficient knowledge and appropriate competencies to pursue careers in academia, public and private sectors, and so on. A spirit of leadership at the Chair is displayed through inviting success by putting faculty and programs into alignment and creating a collaborative learning process. We are committed to the idea that when students graduate from this program, their experience will speak for themselves.
I sincerely believe that we are really at a pivotal moment in the development of our University as we strive to become a leading research university both in Armenia and in the region. The Chair is mainly loaded both with formal teaching and providing a host of services and activities to help students and other interested parties to strengthen their beliefs and knowledge in academic and educational excellence. Overall, we believe it is necessary to become involved in the international arena without losing sight of local and national needs.
Hopefully, you will find overall information at this website to be a strong indication of the inspiring nature of our work here at the Chair. Through its faculty and graduates we remain committed to the University’s vision and mission and to be a powerful force for making a difference in the education reforms in the Republic of Armenia.
Let us know how we can help you select a program or a graduate course that is right for you.
Head of Chair on Education Planning and Management
ABOUT THE CHAIR
Chair on Education Management and Planning was established in 2007 in cooperation with UNESCO, National Institute of Education of RA and Yerevan State Linguistic University after V.Brusov.
Emphasizing the significance of higher education in the process of globalization and RA educational reforms, as well as reckoning with the market liberalization and competitive environment in the educational sector, the Chair endeavors to build a structure of competitive education quality assurance in compliance with international standards. The Structure shall enhance the implementation of three-level education in Public Administration with minor in Education Management.
- To contribute to the enhancement of highly qualified human capital in the field of education management through preparing and training education administrators and management specialists,
- To contribute to the process of the reforms and development at YSLU through designing an internationally competitive and dynamic system and programs,
- To add to the processes of RA educational reforms and development, as well as promote education policy design, strategic planning and administration,
- To integrate into the UNESCO chair network and enhance cooperation with structural subdivisions of UNESCO, as well as to augment cooperation networking in the field of higher education.
- To provide quality education through curricular and extracurricular activities in compliance with students’ requirements,
- To assess students’ knowledge at the stages of enrollment and graduation through relevant assessment tools,
- To develop and design trainings for administrators, management specialists, and a wider circle of professionals,
- To establish and develop an Institute of Academic Consultants for the major of “Public Administration” aiming at the selection of elective courses.
- To endorse the image of YSLU as a leading research university in Armenia,
- To enhance the functions of the Educational Research Centre adjunct to the UNESCO Chair on Education Planning and Administration on the development of research capacities of higher educational institutions,
- To stimulate postgraduate research at the Chair by actually combining research, supplementary, and lifelong learning as well as to engage the best students and alumni in the activities of the Chair,
- To survey and define the required skills of an Education Administrator in the market in cooperation with the Quality Assurance Centre of YSLU,
- To strengthen professional networking and research activities with the National Institute of Education of RA,
- To increase the availability of competent specialists through developing research-based policies in education and fostering academic advancement by means of research in relevant disciplines,
- To establish cooperation and professional networking in higher education and promote the regional co-operation between South Caucasus Countries.
- To promote continuous participation of MPA alumni in various professional trainings and intra-organizational cooperation with the other Chairs of the University,
- To foster cumulative intra-university training system.
Tel: (+37410) 53 55 11; ext. 2-14
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com